Turquoise Place #C2007 RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
OWNER: Dana & TJ Flynn, 832.758.2331 - VacationsByDana@yahoo.com and VacationsByDana.com
Note: By accepting the TERMS and CONDITIONS, a binding legal document, you are verifying that you are an adult age 25 or older at time of check-in, and financially responsible for any damage made by parties present during your occupancy dates. Any reservation made under false pretense will result in eviction with loss of any rents paid. Booking party MUST BE PRESENT during booked dates or you risk immediate eviction.
Please be aware that Vacations by Dana (Dana and Timothy Flynn) has no control over, and cannot be responsible for, conditions which may affect your planned vacation. This includes the closing of, or limitations on, use of the beach or waters as result of weather, health or other conditions; limitations on and/or interruption of travel whether by private vehicle or public transportation; or the closure or unavailability of local facilities such as restaurants, stores, pools, parks and other attractions. None of the foregoing conditions are grounds for cancellation of your rental and the cancellation policy will be enforced as written. We strongly encourage you to obtain trip insurance or other similar protection, in the event any of these types of conditions, limitations or closures are in effect at the time of your planned travel or vacation.
Payment methods: We take two payments - one at time of booking and a later payment usually 45 days or less from arrival date.
TO RESERVE DATES - per your quote, a percentage down payment is due immediately AT TIME OF BOOKING. Credit/Debit Card ONLY for down payment.
FINAL PAYMENT/BALANCE DUE: Balance due 30 days prior to arrival except on occasions when you booked on short notice or I have provided you longer to make final payment. Your due date is in the quote I gave you AND will appear on your reservation form. UPON BOOKING, you will have the opportunity to review all charges before submitting your booking.
This booking system generates a very detailed confirmation which I send after reviewing your booking and receiving down-payment. I reserve the right to decline any booking and will refund your down payment immediately if I choose to do so. Please review the following information in rental terms, along with your confirmation that you will receive.
The stated "Maximum" is the maximum number of occupants allowed in this condo at any one time. (Exceptions for infants under age 2 only). Absolutely no house parties allowed. This condo will hold maximum of (10) guests, but a MAX OF 6 ADULTS due to bunk beds. We do provide a pack-n-play and high chair UPON REQUEST IN ADVANCE; use them at your own risk and please clean after use.
Absolutely NO PETS for guests. If a pet or evidence of a pet is found in these properties, eviction and a forfeiture of rent will occur. This policy is set by the Home/Condo Owner's Association - not me.
Parking Restrictions: Parking passes are picked up at the front desk. The front desk will have your name; there are only two parking passes for this condo. The first parking spot is ASSIGNED with our unit number (location in your check-in details). The second is open parking. Security is tight, especially in peak season, so please make sure you place the passes in your dash and only park in our marked "C2007" spot or a visitor spot. THIRD PARKING PASS is charged by the building and only upon availability. There is a free option also on Canal Road but it still requires a parking pass from the front desk. There is no parking for boats, trailers, jet skis, etc. nor for RVs and oversized trucks.
Safety Issues: Further explained below, but bunks have a maximum weight of 150 lbs. NO ADULTS in BUNKS! Please remove ladders and set aside safely when not in use. We have adequate ACRYLIC GLASSWARE to use on the balcony. If you use glass and it breaks on the balcony, you are putting every guest - present AND future - at risk of getting shards in their feet, no matter how dilligently you think you have removed the broken glass. Please ONLY USE acrylic or plastic glasses when you are on the balcony. The outside gas grill and inside kitchen cooktop and hard-plumbed with natural gas. Please shut gas off properly after use.
LENGTH OF RENTAL
- Three nights minimum by order of the Home Owner's Association.
- No other minimums apply - I do NOT force weekly - but I reserve the right during HOLIDAY periods to enforce longer minimum stays AT MY DISCRETION. During peak seasons, your booking must abut another booking - OR leave a 3-nt gap or longer - in order to not leave an 'unbookable' period.
- At this time, monthly reservations are available for Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and I can usually include the first week of March (pro-rated) at snowbird rates.
INITIAL RESERVATION PAYMENT
- Initial Reservation Deposit is approximately 20-25% of FULL RENTAL CHARGES (after fees) - up to a maximum of $1000. If you are less than 30 days from check-in, all payments will be due immediately.
- Initial Reservation Deposit is payable via MasterCard, VISA, or American Express ONLY and is due at time of booking.
- Balance of total charges due is payable 30 days in advance of your check-in date. AT MY DISCRETION, I may allow you additional time to pay.
TOTAL FEE CALCULATION: Upon booking, you will review all charges, but here is the breakdown:
- Base nightly rate X number of nights (or weekly rate) as listed; we go by nights, not days.
- add $225 departure/one-time cleaning charge; this includes all your linen set-ups, cleaning the grill, etc.
- add 13% Alabama Lodging Tax on all the above fees
- add $49 one-time damage waiver fee (not taxed so add last)
- = TOTAL DUE
- Final payment may also be paid by cashier's check, money order, or personal check in addition to credit card.
A confirmation showing dates of visit, property information, check-in/check-out times, pricing, your contact info including cell phone number, and my contact info will be emailed to you after your booking form is completed and your down payment is received. Carefully CHECK your confirmation for accuracy and call me at 832.758.2331 or email VacationsByDana@yahoo.com immediately if any corrections are necessary; otherwise, it will be assumed correct. As noted on confirmation, you will need to text or email me a camera phone photo or scan of your drivers license or other state-issued I.D. for our records.
PROBLEMS and SERVICING AMENITIES/MAINTENANCE VISITS
We cannot guarantee condition of amenities. There are multiple pools and other amenities on this property. Occasional malfunctions or problems are not only temporary, but are out of our control. As soon as you report maintenance issues, we will send in a maintenance request and do the best we can, whether it be in our own condo, or on the property, to make the needed repairs. Please be patient as the maintenance issue is resolved. There will be no refund of monies due to state of disrepair of any amenity, in our condo, or on the property. Two regularly scheduled maintenance calls are pest control and hot-tub (on our balcony) maintenance, which is serviced every third day during peak season and every 6th day during off season. There will occasionally be other inspections, pest control, or other authorized entry by service personnel. Please allow these service providers full access to the condo as needed.
DATE CHANGES - assuming dates are available
- 60 days minimum notice for rentals less than two weeks
- 120 days minimum notice for rentals 14 days or longer
- If you shorten your stay but do so 60 or more days in advance for 13-nt or less stays, and by 90 days in advance for 14-nt or longer stays, there is no penalty.
DAMAGE INSURANCE: REQUIRED WITH EVERY BOOKING, in lieu of a damage deposit.
Accidental damage protection is included for any damages or accidents, subject to exclusions and limitations that occur to the premises during your rental period, up to $3,000. Any damage or accident that is not covered under the policy will be the responsibility of the leaseholder.
Call the (866) number in the pamphlet for more info, click on link here: TRAVEL GUARD DAMAGE INSURANCE TERMS. The purchase of the insurance still requires you to follow the check-out list outlined in the check-out details, and you must follow all terms and conditions.
CANCELLATION POLICY - Review the policies carefully for complete understanding. Call us if you have any questions.
We have two policies: one for short-term renters; another for long-term renters. All cancellations will result in payment of cancellation fees.
A) For Vacations less than one month in duration:
Cancellations that are made MORE THAN 60 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL will be refunded their initial down payment, minus an administrative fee of $200.
Cancellations made WITHIN 60 DAYS OF ARRIVAL or changes to contract that result in a shortened stay, will forfeit all payments. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
B) For Vacations more than one month long in duration: Cancellations made MORE THAN 120 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL will be refunded the initial down payment refunded, minus an administrative fee of $250. Cancellations made WITHIN 120 DAYS OF ARRIVAL or changes to contract that result in a shorter stay, will forfeit full payment. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
AS A COUTESY TO OUR GUESTS WHOSE CANCELLATION RESULTS IN LOSING PAYMENTS (does not apply to the administrative/cancellation fee), we will put your dates back on the rental market and try to rebook them. If we can secure another guest for a similar price, we will issue a refund minus a cancellation fee; however, any differences in rental revenue will also be deducted from the refund. (We often must reduce our nightly rental price to entice guests to book on short notice.) There are no guarantees that we will be able to rebook your dates or refund your money.
It is not our goal to keep your funds when you cancel; instead we will work diligently to rebook the dates so that we can refund to you as much as possible. When you book and we reserve those dates for you, we must assume you are coming - in good faith. When you cancel, we have already declined other opportunities to rent those dates to potential guests.
WEATHER/ HURRICANE/ STORM/ BEACH CONDITIONS POLICY - No weather refunds are given, and no beach condition refunds are given - no exceptions. Weather is out of our control and predictions are unreliable. We are also not responsible for "beach access" which can sometimes be damaged by storms. Our water and beaches can be disturbed by mother nature with conditions such as rough surf, double red flag (no swimming), seaweed, jellyfish, algae blooms, red tide, oil spills, and other conditions. These are out of our control and can change on a daily basis, and we are not responsible for any beach closures or condition of the water. At time of booking, you will be offered the below policy - or you are welcome to purchase your own policy.
Travel Insurance provided by TRAVEL GUARD:
Every year, snowstorms, hurricanes and other unexpected weather events cause travelers to delay, interrupt or even cancel their trips completely. A travel insurance plan can help cover your vacation investment. Specific coverage questions should be directed to Travel Guard (1.877.246.5376 or www.travelguard.com/astp). Please refer to product number 008573/008574 P1 & account # 97908.
Coverage is offered by Travel Guard Group, Inc., and limitations will apply. Please visit www.travelguard.com/disclaimer for full disclaimer.
FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance. Please make sure you have early or late check-in/check-out approval IN WRITING.
EVICTION - If guest is evicted by the owner, representative of the owner, local law enforcement, or the security company employed by the complex, there will be no refund of rents. Owner reserves the right to evict guest at any time.
LOST & FOUND - Owner is not responsible for items left in properties or common areas. Retrieved items will be returned at Guest’s expense.
- This condo is privately owned and managed by me, Dana Flynn and/or my husband, Timothy "TJ" Flynn. I treat all parties honestly, fairly and in good faith.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT to refund Initial Reservation Payments, refuse rental, or to discontinue occupancy if, in our judgment, your occupancy is detrimental to the property.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT to enter the premises at any time for the purpose of inspection, repair, or management of property - and same entry is allowed by any service provider authorized on our behalf. In addition, the balcony hot tub is serviced every third or sixth day and pest control comes in every month. Please allow full condo access to these service workers or any agent of the owner.
- Property may not be used for any unlawful purpose.
- By renting a property you are assuming all risk of and liability for any damage done to person or property, agents, employees or visitors occasioned by the present or future condition of the premises both latent and manifest. In the event damages occur during your occupancy, you agree to authorize Dana Flynn to charge the cost of such damages to the credit card you used for either initial down payment or final payment, IF costs are higher than the $3,000 limit of your damage insurance policy purchased at time of booking. If damage insurance policy was NOT purchased, the named person on lease is 100 percent liable for any damage costs. You also agree to be responsible for and reimburse the property owner for any applicable costs and attorney’s fees incurred for collection of damage. Neither Dana Flynn nor Timothy Flynn will be responsible for accidents or injury to guest, or loss of money or valuables of any kind.
*Please Note: Violations of rental occupancy restrictions are grounds for IMMEDIATE EVICTION AND FORFEITURE OF RENT.
BUNK BEDS: Bunk beds have a weight limit of 150 lbs and are not intended for adults.
FIREWORKS: Fireworks are strictly prohibited by law at this condo.
FIREARMS: Firearms are prohibited.
- GUARANTEE of AMENITIES and MAINTENANCE - Any maintenance concerns that you have within your unit should be reported within two hours from check-in DIRECTLY TO DANA IN WRITING, where possible. Though every effort will be made to correct the working order of any in-unit appliances, air conditioners, TV’s, cable, etc. and/or resort amenities, including pool and fitness facility, we do not guarantee their availability or service. No adjustments to rate will be made due to maintenance issues, nor will any refunds be offered.
- REPORTING: Report all maintenance issues promptly by emailing or texting me at 832.758.2331 for our PERSONAL CONDO, or call 251.224.3900 for common area maintenance such as elevators, pools, etc. You can also report common area problems to front desk. Just as might occur at your own well-maintained home, mechanical failures and other breakdowns could occur. Every effort will be made to correct the situation; however, no refunds or rate adjustments will be made for mechanical failures.
- DAMAGE: Please report any damage or breakage within our condo, upon occurrence, by calling or e-mailing, 832.758.2331 and VacationsByDana@yahoo.com, so the matter can be settled before departure. Damages found by the cleaning crew upon your departure will be found to be caused by your party if not reported upon check-in.
- ADMINISTRATIVE ENTRY TO UNIT: at times, various personnel may enter your unit for inspection and/or maintenance, pest control, fire department, hot tub service, or other building vendors. You may not block access by any agent of owner or building management.
Check-In Time is 3pm
Check-in begins at 3:00 p.m.
Key retrieval info and lost key info is in your check-in details.
Early check-in is SOMETIMES possible but never guaranteed. Just like a hotel, we need time for the morning check-out to leave, for cleaning crew to clean and change linens, and make sure you have the cleanest condo possible. Therefore, we encourage you to enjoy our beaches and attractions if you arrive in the area early. If you have a special request for early check-in, we will accommodate you the best we can but it may be subject to change. If the prior night is vacant, we can usually give you an early check-in.
Our housekeeping standards may require extra cleaning time on occasions, which may delay check-in.
No guarantee is made that properties will be cleaned by 3:00 p.m although this is normally the case. If you arrive and knock on the door and the cleaning crew is still present, you may place bags in the master closet ONLY and then leave for the beach, etc. The cleaning crew has standards to meet and a job to do, so please don't cause unnecessary interruptions. We want you to have the cleanest condo possible!
CHECK-OUT is at 10am prompt. Please confirm any late check-out agreements in writing prior to check-in.
Check-out RESPONSIBILITIES/LIST :
Our home requires a few check-out procedures to keep it running well for both you, and the next guest. Simply follow the CHECK-OUT LIST provided in your check-in details and on the reverse of the laminated WELCOME letter, most of which can be done the night before departure - also repeated below:
- If you used a bed, strip linens back - do NOT remake the bed
- Run a load of dishes in dishwasher - you don't need to unload but make sure you run the cycle before departure
- Run a load of towels/dishcloths upon departure in washing machine. If you had a 'full house' please do not leave the cleaning crew with 20 or 30 towels. We try to provide a generous amount of towels and there is a HUGE washer/dryer, but please run a cycle or two during your stay so that the next guest can check in on time.
- GAS - Make sure all gas burners, cooktop and outside grill are turned OFF. During your stay, if you grill, please run the provided brush over grill while it's hot so it's easier to clean.
- Make sure all glass sliders are securely closed and locked
- Place cover back on Hot Tub.
- Turn A/C up to 78 or HEAT down to 66.
- Gather and BAG all trash and place in trash chute just outside your door, to the right of the elevators in the utility room. Failure to do so could be a smelly disaster in the shoulder/off-season when cleaning crew may not arrive immediately.
- Leave entry key on kitchen counter, hang up all other keys, lock door, and TEXT the cleaning crew with the words "OUT TP C2007" to let them know you are out of the condo. This OUT text is very helpful in helping the cleaning crew schedule, so please remember to text them upon leaving. They have authorization to enter the condo at 10am.
- Be safe going home! If it's summer and you're leaving on a weekend, stop and have lunch to avoid the traffic - OR stay and use the beach longer and shower downstairs on the fourth floor.